I find it Weird - the current situation in Lebanon

I find it really weird!

On the outset of the 17th October uprising, I started a daily ritual of packing a bag and going to Riad El Soleh area. Though the first day of the uprising I was angry because what motivated people to react on unbelievable, shameless actions of the political elite, was mainly the proposition on Whatsup tax. For me, people reaction was more insulting than the proposition itself.

Yet, after the fourth day of the uprising, I only got the sensation of hope and beauty in this new strange movement. I even was fearful the whole thing would end at any second. I woke up every day with an urge that took me to the screens hoping to see roads are blocked, people are in the streets shouting angerly, defying and fighting for their most basic rights.

I find it weird, finally courageous and hopeful!

In its seventy days anniversary, with lots of ups and downs, resistance, perseverance, and commitment, this uprising still breathing. It was reduced, however, no doubt, in numbers and waves of anger. The uprising is taking so many different forms. some of it is good and some of it is bad. it was accused of treachery, in many different ways, but still going.

I cannot assume the future of this country. The financial crisis is suffocating. People are at risk, at the edge of losing their savings and their minds. Banks are collapsing and don't have the means to regain people's trust. The central bank is struggling as well. The political elite is cornered but the deep state is not even near giving up its sectorial partage system and release its poisonous clutches from the vital joints of the state.

I truly hope the uprising will be taken into a revolutionary level, destroying everything, everything. Because I find it very weird if the old system should have the chance to revive itself with all its emitting filth!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The New York Times sues OpenAI & Mircosoft

The Story of a fishermen, a frog and a Snake